Southern California Hospital at Hollywood Named One of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care and Receives 11 Additional National Clinical Awards
Southern California Hospital at Hollywood is among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care for 2 Years in a Row, according to new research by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems.
In addition, the hospital achieved the Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for the second year and is 2021 five-star recipient for treatment in 10 clinical categories.
“This pulmonary care award is more meaningful in 2020 as we care for so many COVID-19 patients with lung conditions,” said Assistant Chief Nursing Officer Yana Nazarov. “This reinforces the vital healthcare resources we offer our Hollywood community during the pandemic and ongoing.”
Each year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions using Medicare data, and all-payer data from 16 states for bariatrics and appendectomy procedures.*
“The importance of hospital quality is top of mind for consumers, as they are becoming more aware of the differences of care provided by different hospitals. Consumers can feel confident knowing that hospitals that are recognized for their performance in Gastrointestinal Care provide high quality care and superior outcomes,” said Dr. Brad Bowman, Healthgrades’ chief medical officer.
Our goal is to provide safe, nationally recognized care to Hollywood residents, which has been validated by Healthgrades’ recognition annually,” said hospital Administrator Luis Angel. “The dedication of our physicians, nurses and support staff result in these clinical achievements that benefit our patients.”
Southern California Hospital at Hollywood and sister hospital in Culver City are the only two hospitals in California to receive five stars for Treatment of COPD for 19 Years in a Row (2003-2021), according to Healthgrades.
Southern California Hospitals at Hollywood and Culver City are recognized for the following clinical achievements:
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care™ for 2 Years (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 7 Years in a Row (2015-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 4 Years in a Row (2018-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Top 5% in Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 19 Years (2003-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years (2020-2021)
- Top 5% in Nation for Overall GI Services
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries for 8 Years in a Row (2014-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction in 2021
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure in 2021
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures, Individual procedure or condition cohorts are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected), 3-star (not statistically different from expected) and 1-star (statistically significantly worse than expected). To learn more about Healthgrades, visit 2021 Report to the Nation.
Learn more about our clinical achievement awards.