UPDATED VISITOR GUIDELINES
Updated August 9, 2021
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across our care locations (acute hospital and urgent care), we are temporarily suspending visitors. No visitors are allowed to visit patients, except in end-of-life situations, based on our clinical team's judgment.
For pre-approved visitors, additional guidelines are as follows:
- No visitor with COVID-19 symptoms may enter
- Proof of COVID vaccination at least two weeks prior to visit or proof of COVID-negative test with 72 hours of visit
- Visitors are only allowed in the single-occupancy room one visitor at a time
All communication with hospital staff should be done by phone from outside the hospital. To clarify the visiting guidelines, call (323) 462-2271 and ask to speak to the social work department.
Don't Put Your Health on Hold
Your hospitals, doctors and other healthcare providers have implemented extra safety precautions for more than one year now to ensure you remain safe while seeking vital medical care. Don't delay your medical care any longer, especially for chronic conditions (see "Your Safety and Well-being are our No. 1 Priority") below. Follow these 4 tips:
- Don’t Distance from your Doctor
- Don’t Skip your Screenings
- Don’t Delay Emergency Care
- It’s Safe to Get Care
COVID Update and California Crisis Continuum Guidelines
For more than a year, our hospital has followed the guidelines recommended by the California Department of Public Health to determine the appropriate steps and actions for our environment and resources during a surge of patients, which can occur with a pandemic, such as COVID.
This document link below provides an overview of the surge capacity and crisis care operations our hospital has taken into considerations to ensure we continue to provide the best care for the individual patient to delivering the best care for our community.
Your Safety and Well-Being is Our Top Priority
Following state and federal guidelines—as well as our own rigorous processes and clinical standards—we have remained committed for over a year to creating the safest possible environment for you and our staff.
To balance care with caution, our enhanced measures include:
- Pre-procedure screening for all surgery patients
- Social distancing policies for staff and patients
- Adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), ventilators, medications, and other medical supplies
- Daily terminal cleaning of the operating rooms to include the use of vaporizing aerial hydrogen peroxide technology for additional disinfection
- Separate inpatient and outpatient admitting areas, entrances and exits to prevent any potential exposure
- Inpatient and outpatient staff remain in designated areas assigned for the length of shift
If you have any questions or concerns, we’re here to help! Please call us at (323) 462-2271 and ask to speak to an admitting representative.