Southern California Hospital at Hollywood has a multidisciplinary surgical team who performs a diverse range of operations, from orthopedic procedures to gender confirmation surgery. Our highly trained surgeons, nurses, and technicians have state-of-the-art equipment at their disposal. Their overarching goal is to provide the highest quality care with the best possible patient outcomes.
Our surgical staff is available 24/7 for any emergencies that may arise. We try to perform minimally invasive operations when possible to maximize patient safety and minimize recovery time. Our surgeons specialize in a number of advanced procedures including:
- UroLift: For men with an enlarged prostate, the UroLift System is a one-time, in-office solution that provides rapid relief of symptoms. Our surgeons perform this procedure for men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a common condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. The minimally invasive UroLift inserts small implants to lift and hold the prostate away from the urethra.
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery: Our surgical team has extensive experience with video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), a minimally invasive technique which involves inserting a small camera and instruments into the chest through small incisions in the chest wall. VATS is used for biopsy to diagnose cancer, esophagus surgery, hiatal hernia repair, lung surgery, and other conditions.
- Gender Confirmation Surgery: Our Hollywood hospital was one of the first hospitals in Los Angeles to offer gender confirmation surgery (GCS) to the transgender community. GCS also is offered at our sister hospital in Culver City. Our well-respected surgeons are leaders in the field and have many years of experience caring for the LGBT community. We offer the full spectrum of GCS procedures consistent with the guidelines established by the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH). Our GCS program is part of the Transgender Surgery Center of California with programs in Hollywood and Culver City.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: To diagnose and treat issues with the bile and pancreatic ducts, our surgeons perform a procedure called endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). An endoscope goes through the esophagus and stomach until it reaches the duodenum, the part of the small intestine that is closest to the stomach. It is used to treat stones, tumors, or narrowed areas of the bile ducts.
In addition to these procedures, the surgical team also has experience in the following surgery types:
- Orthopedic surgery
- Podiatric surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Pain management
- Outpatient surgery
- Ear, nose, and throat
- Organ harvest
For more information, please contact surgical services directly at (323) 785-1211. To schedule a surgery, please call (323) 462-2271 ext. 211. Serving the Hollywood community, we are conveniently located near Sunset and Vine at 6245 De Longpre Ave., with free parking.